Pages

Thursday 10 December 2015

My Camp

My Good Highlights
  • Archery
  • River Games
  • Movie Night
  • Sing Off
  • Walking to Piha beach
  • Eating ice-cream at the beach
  • Extreme Edge
  • Looking at the Waterfall
  • Sleeping with my Best Friends in bunks
  • Bus trip to the camp and back to school
  • The activities
  • My Group leader
  • My Group (2)
  • Poles and Planks
  • Downtime
  • The Shower
  • Playing Frisbee
  • Breakfast,Afternoon Tea,Lunch,Dinner.
  • Bush Survival
My Lowlights
  • Camp Cooking (Damper)
  • Tidy up on the last day
  • Leaving camp
My Group
  • Losaline
  • Caitlyn
  • Amy
  • Reshma
  • Darlene
  • Raheal
  • Joshua C
  • Joshua K
  • Antonio
  • Keean
Total=10
Group Leader
  • Hayden Kopua (Husband of our principal)
What Group was I in?
  • Group 2


Camp activities:


I loved the camp activities because they were fun and it was funny plus me and my group bonded and learned new thing about each other. My favourite thing about the activities is that it brought my group closer and we got to know each other better. My favourite activity was Archery because I have never experienced how to use a bow and hot to shoot a arrow.


Movie Night and The Group Sing-off:


We had movie night and the group sing-off on the second night at camp after dinner. We watched “Tomorrowland” which was pretty cool and fascinating, then we had the sing-off when all the groups had 20 minutes to pick a song,dance or play to perform in front of all of the groups with the light off or on. Group 2 (my group) sang and danced to “Price Tag” by Jessie J with our boys and our group leader beatboxing. The winners were Group 1 with their song “All About That Bass”.


The Food:


The food at camp was amazing and delicious. The food was the best camp food i’ve ever tasted because it was all made from two girls named Isabelle and Amanda that was for lunch and dinner. For breakfast and afternoon tea our teachers served us breakfast and we ate biscuits for afternoon tea with water.


Downtime:


Their was two downtimes which were the after lunch time when you can play or shower, and the second downtime was after dinner when you would shower then go to your cabin/bunk and slip into your sleeping bag and fall asleep.


Cabins/Bunks:


All the year sevens and eights slept at the top with 6 year 6’s sleeping at the end which I was one of them. When you walk to the top there is a line where you can just walk and go to your bunk, the bottom cabin is separated so the boys on one side and the other year 5 and 6 girls are on the other side. The parents would sleep at the bottom with the kids. Only two women sleep at the top which was Katie and Engi. The six year 6’s were Me,Maranita,Faith,Tino,Maria and Caitlyn and we were all put together at the end on one side together like we were sisters.




Extreme Edge:


This was one of my top five favourites because you could climb and come down like you're a spy and it felt like I was flying while walking on a wall. Me and my best friend maranita keep singing spy songs while we sit and come down like we were spies. I did everything and completed it, also there was a lot of themes like jack and the beanstalk, the alphabet and many more that is fun and super.


Walking to The Waterfall and The Piha Beach:


The walk was long but it was fun plus we got to work off the food we ate at dinner time. We walked altogether and the view was amazing. At the beach we were allowed to draw on the sand and we ate ice cream there, and at the waterfall we were allowed to touch the water which was really really cold and take photos with everyone plus we got to sit and watch the beautiful view.



Bus Trip To Camp and Back To School:


The bus trip to camp was fun because I could talk to my best friend, plus the views were amazing because I could see the Lion Rock and the black sand at Piha beach. When we got to camp we got to get our bags and get our sleep sleeping arrangements and after that we got to play anything we want because we were told that there was sports gear at the lounge and everyone went crazy. On the way back was more fun because we had another sing-off it was the back seaters against the front seaters, and we got to see the great view again and say goodbye to piha which was pretty hurting it even made me cry a bit and my best friend. When we got to school it was sunny and hot.



No comments:

Post a Comment